A BIOS update to Version 4.10a to ensure Studio One specific BIOS settings are not inadvertently reset effecting Livestream Studio operation and requiring a return to factory for reflashing is required.
This applies only to systems that have been shipped from the factory prior to 6/15/2019 and with BIOS version P1.20.
The BIOS file is available attached to the bottom of this article and also for download from the link below.
This is the only approved BIOS for the system. Do not upgrade to any other BIOS without contacting Nextcomputing Support
In order to update your BIOS you can refer to the following instructions:
- Download from above and save the BIOS files on a device such as USB disk (FAT32 format), hard disk (FAT32 format) and floppy drive.
- Press [F2] during POST to get into BIOS setup menu.
- Select the Instant Flash utility under [Tool] menu to execute it.
- ASRock Instant Flash will automatically detect all devices and only list those BIOS versions which are suitable for your motherboard.
- Select the suitable BIOS version and flash.
ASRock motherboard MUST use ASRock's Flash utility to update BIOS, those uncertified BIOS flashing tools will cause motherboard damage.
If you encounter problems while updating the new BIOS, DO NOT turn off your system since this corrupt BIOS might cause your system failed to boot up. Just repeat the process, and if the problem still persists, update the original BIOS file. If the Flash Memory Writer utility was not able to successfully update a complete BIOS file, your system may not be able to boot up. If this happens, your system will need service.