Please use the following script to remove the standard Windows 10 bloatware and optimize the system for streaming on all provided hardware.
In some cases, due to Windows Security features the program abruptly ends without requiring your interaction. In this circumstance, you must do the following before running the script.
- Right click on windows start menu and select “Search”
- Type in “Powershell”
- Right click on “Windows PowerShell” and choose “Run as Administrator”
- Within PowerShell window type the following and hit Enter
- Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted
- Choose “A” at the prompt.
- Close the windows and re-run the optimization script.
- The optimization script will automatically reset the default ExecutionPolicy to Restricted
- You can check this from PowerShell by entering Get-ExecutionPolicy and hitting enter. It should return a value of “Restricted”
1. Download and Save the "W10 Optimization Rev <Rev Num>.ps1" file to the desktop of the PC you are trying to optimize from this article.
Note: This will not work running from a thumb drive. The file MUST be located on the target PC to function correctly.
2. Right click on the file and select “Run with Powershell” and accept the Popup
3. Follow onscreen prompts until application terminates and the windows closes.
4. You are now finished.
5. Remove the "W10 Optimization Rev <Rev Num>.ps1" file desktop